Sunday 4 April 2010

David Barry: accountants and tax advisers 0208 252 7018/07877671423
Email out: 01 April 2010
I have now faxed through form 64-8 with my attached letter but now must have your partner sign the form (again) with a llive signature before I can post off to Revenue and Customs. (I have printed off form 64-8 but I do not believe that Revenue and Customs will accept as it look like a photocopy.)
You mentioned charges. However it would be better for me to represent you as agent as in this way I could instead not charge you per meeting but can enter into a fee for the year. However would you still keep the books and records of the company and complete bank reconcilations and agree all the figures in the accounts?
As I intimated in my telephone conversation with you I would like to broach to you the subject of your personal tax return form as director. I could not help but notice that the salary in the accounts was in the region of £8000 (I do not remember the exact amount) and I would be interested in understanding if these have been submitted to Revenue and Customs and for what years (that is 07-08 and/or 08-09?)
Please understand that for gross salary packages in the sum of more than £8500 (that is it will include car benefit) your husband could have to pay a personal tax bill. It can be best instead to charge the company at 40p. per mile as in this way directors and employees avoid personal tax as there is no personal tax benefit to pay. It all depends on the figures involved
It depends on the salary paid and the car emisssions as these are different (higher or lower?) for different vehicles.
What I would like you to do is to give me your gross salaraies for 08-09 & 09-10 together with the car benefit and find what the overall total amount becomes.
In this way we can both better plan and possible extinguish any overall personal tax charge.
David Barry: accountants and tax advisers 0208 252 7018/07877671423I

No comments:

Post a Comment